Looking to insure your car? We can offer you a competitive quote in minutes from our panel of leading insurers.
Bank of Scotland car insurance is arranged and administered by BISL Limited and underwritten by a panel of insurers.
As standard Bank of Scotland car insurance gives you:
- 24-hour emergency claims helpline
- 60 days European Union cover – at the same level of cover as you have in the UK
- No claims discount rewards you for careful driving. Minimum premiums apply.
Plus if you take comprehensive cover you’ll get these additional benefits:
- 3 year guarantee on repairs carried out at approved garages
- 24-hour emergency windscreen helpline
- New car replacement if your car is stolen and not recovered so long as the car is less than 12 months old and you ve owned it since new
- Vandalism cover if your car is maliciously damaged
- Courtesy car whilst your car is at one of our approved repairers (subject to availability and eligibility).
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply, see the policy document (PDF) for full details.
Or call for a quote on 0330 018 2884 (Mon-Fri: 8am-9pm, Sat Bank Holidays: 9am-5pm, Sun: 10am-4pm)
We welcome calls from the Next Generation Text Service. If you want to communicate with one of our representatives add 18001 before the number you require. Find out more about the Next Generation Text Service .
Bank of Scotland Motor Rewards
As a thank you, all our policy holders are given access to the Bank of Scotland Motor Rewards site which contains an excellent range of leisure, motor, entertainment and travel discounts and offers.
Terms and conditions apply.
If you already have car insurance with us find everything you need here, including how to make a claim.
Extra levels of cover
For additional premiums you can add Motor Legal Protection, RAC Breakdown Cover, Keycare Cover and Guaranteed Replacement Car Cover, take a look at the different levels of cover here.
Add Motor Legal Protection Cover for 30.99 per year. It is a 5 star Defaqto rated cover, and there’s a legal helpline available 24/7.
If an accident wasn t your fault our motor legal protection policy provides cover for up to 100,000 of legal expenses to help with;
- obtaining compensation for personal injury and medical expenses
- recovering losses resulting from the accident eg policy, excess, loss of earnings, phone bills and travel costs
- recovering repair costs if not already covered by comprehensive car insurance
- recovering vehicle hire charges
As long as there are reasonable prospects of you winning your case and the estimated legal costs aren’t more than the amount you are claiming, a solicitor will be instructed to act on your behalf.
You also get motor prosecution defence cover if you are facing suspension or disqualification of your driving licence. You get up to 20,000 of legal expenses to help with your case, as long as there is a reasonable chance of avoiding suspension or disqualification. This cover doesn t include fines or penalties or any charges relating to alcohol or drugs.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Take a look at to the Motor Legal Protection Policy (PDF) for details of what is and isn t covered.
Motor Legal Protections is administered by ACM ULR Limited. The Legal Expenses element is underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited.
Take a look at the different levels of cover you can add to your policy, prices are for a full years cover:
- Roadside Assistance – 43.99 – For breakdowns at least a quarter of a mile from home.
- Roadside At Home – 71.99 – For breakdowns at home or when you’re out and about.
- Roadside Recovery – 61.99 – If your car can’t be fixed at the roadside the RAC will take it and up to 7 passengers to any single address in the UK.
- Roadside, At Home Recovery – 81.99 – Combines the first three options.
- Roadside, At Home, Recovery Onward Travel – 91.99 – Also includes hire car, cost of public transport and hotel accommodation if required.
- Roadside, At Home, Recovery, Onward Travel and EU – 142.99 – Also includes the same level of cover in the European Union.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Take a look at the RAC Breakdown Cover (PDF) for details of what is and isn t covered.
RAC Breakdown Cover is provided by RAC Motoring Services.
Add Keycare cover for 7.99 and you’ll get the following benefits if you lose your keys:
- Call out and cover anywhere in the EU up to 1000
- Cover if you lock your keys inside your car or home. Including locksmith charges, new locks, replacement keys, car hire and onward costs (within the annual limit per registered key fob)
- A 24/7 helpline no matter when you lose your keys, Keycare will be there to help. Please remember to let us know if you have lost your keys within 30 days
- Cover for the immediate family members (Grandparents, parents, spouse, civil partner, live-in partner, child or step child) who live at your address
- No excess to pay, and Keycare claims won t affect your no claims discount
- A 10 reward paid by Keycare to anyone who finds and returns your keys.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
Keycare is arranged by BISL Limited, administered by Keycare Limited and underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited.
Add Guaranteed Replacement Car Cover for 5.99. to cover you if your car is stolen or written off, or is no longer driveable following a fire, theft or accident claim.
Rely on all this:
A car quickly supplied from a leading national network as long as you claim within 14 days. Use of car for up to 28 days:
- when yours has been stolen or written off
- whilst waiting for a courtesy car to become available
- when yours is not driveable following a fire, theft or accident claim.
How is Guaranteed Replacement Car cover different to courtesy car cover?
Courtesy car cover won t be available to you if your car is stolen or written off, it is dependent on a car being available from the garage and is only available with Comprehensive cover.
A refundable fuel deposit required when obtaining the replacement car. Only available in the UK or Isle of Man.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Take a look at the Guaranteed Replacement Car cover (PDF) for details of what is and isn t covered.
Guaranteed Replacement Car Cover is administered by ACM ULR Limited and underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited, on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE.
No Claims Discount Protection is provided and administered by BISL Ltd.
No Claims Discount (NCD) is a discount applied to your Car Insurance premium for the number of years in which you haven t made a claim to your policy. For each year you re insured without making a claim you ll earn another year s NCD, up to a maximum of nine years (minimum premiums apply). To find out your number of NCD years, please look on your latest renewal invitation from your Car Insurance provider.
If you have 4 or more years NCD you may be able to protect the number of years discount you have accumulated for an additional cost by purchasing No Claims Discount Protection. With NCD Protection, you are able to make two fault claims within a three year period without it reducing the NCD applied to your policy premium.
If selected, the cost of No Claims Discount Protection will be calculated as a percentage of the insurance policy premium. The stand-alone price for this additional option will be displayed on your price presentation page.
No Claims Discount Protection:
- allows you to make two fault claims within a three year period without it reducing the NCD applied to your policy premium.
- does not protect the overall price of your insurance policy. The price of your insurance policy may increase following an accident even if you were not at fault.