Thousands turn to Bon Secours In Motion in Hampton Roads
Each year for exceptional physical therapy, speech and occupational therapy, sports rehab and sports performance, golf swing analysis, fitness, nutrition and weight loss programs and more. In Motion’s programs and analyses are directed by board-certified physicians and health professionals. Our certified health professionals help patients heal, and maintain health and wellness. You’ll find In Motion clinics in York County, Carrollton, Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Suffolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth and Virginia Beach. New locations are planned to make our services even more convenient. Appointments are available within 24-48 hours.
You can call the physical therapy clinic directly to schedule your initial evaluation with Direct Access, now available at our Southside locations, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk and Portsmouth. Get more information about Direct Access.
From youth training to professional strength and conditioning certifications, our performance specialists implement the latest evidence-based sports training methods to prevent injuries and improve performance.
From our state-of-the-art physical therapy programs, designed to help regain motion after an injury, to on-site occupational training, our therapy team is the area’s most trusted name in physical therapy.
Nutrition Weight Loss
Our team of registered dietitians and nutritionists has special training to help you meet the caloric and nutritional demands of your sport or lifestyle – whether you re a diabetic or a triathlete.
Meet Some of Our Expert Team Members
Aki Hiyama, PT, SCS, OCS, CSCS, ACSM-HFS, USAW SP-1
- BA Business Management, Virginia Wesleyan College, 1998
- Masters in Sports Management, Old Dominion University, 2000
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy. Old Dominion University, 2007
- Sports Certified Specialist (SCS) from American Board of Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS) from American Board of Physical Therapy
- Certified Strength Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from National Strength Conditioning Association
Britni Maher, PT, DPT, MTC, CMTPT
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science – Kinesiology, Minor in Therapeutic Recreation, 2009, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, 2012, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, St. Augustine, Florida
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association (MTC), University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, St. Augustine, Florida
- Manual Therapy Certification
- Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist (CMTPT), Myopain Seminars
Jenna McKissick, PT, DPT, CMTPT
- Bachelor of Science, Natural Science, 2010, Daemen College, Amherst, New York
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy, 2012, Daemen College, Amherst, New York
- Certified in Dry Needling through Myopain Seminars (CMTPT)
Andy Naas, PT, OCS, MTC
- Bachelor of Science, Sports Medicine, 1996, Mercyhurst College, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Master of Physical Therapy, 1999, University of St. Augustine, St, Augustine, Florida
- Master of Health Science, 2006, University of St. Augustine, St, Augustine, Florida
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS), American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- Manual Therapy Certification (MTC), University of St. Augustine, St, Augustine, Florida
Susan Cattenhead, OT, CHT
- Masters of Occupational Therapy Degree, University of Southern Maine
- Board Certified Hand Therapist
Sarah Martin Miller, DPT
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Old Dominion University, Virginia
- Certified Emergency Medical responder through the Sports PT Section of the American Physical Therapy Association and the American Red Cross
- Certified Functional Movement Specialist